Blog Archives

3D Printed Soprano Ukulele

I decided to create a design for a headless soprano ukulele.  I broke the design into three main pieces; the neck, the body and a piece to help stabilize the connection between the neck and body. I’d really like it

Posted in Printed Objects

Masterbatch Ratios for the Filastruder

I’ve been mixing up different colors and running them through the Filastruder. I’ve kept the Filastruder going 100% of the time. I’m trying to do them in an order so that the colors are similar and that one batch can

Posted in Filastruder

Converting my Filastruder to Vertical

After seeing this on Thingiverse, I gave it a try by just turning my Filastruder on it’s end.  After running it for a few minutes, it was an obviously better way to extrude filament. I decided to switch to a

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Filastruder

Mixing Masterbatch for the Filastruder

For my first custom color filament on the Filastruder, I decided to do a key lime. This was mainly because I had some color shifting key-lime pie pigment left over from another project that I wanted to try. I’d also

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Filastruder

Updated Magnetic Effector

Here is an update to the magnetic effector. I’ve tilted the fans and created some tunnels that direct the output of the three fans right at center of spot being printed. It still has room on the bottom for 3

Tagged with:
Posted in Rostock Max Mods

Filastruder filament maker for 3D Printers

I received the Filastruder kit after backing it on Kickstarter. I was interested in it because I wanted to print lots of things and lots of big things.  My 3D printer is a Rostock Max and it has a pretty

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Filastruder

Magnetic Effector for the Rostock Max

I’ve been experimenting for the last month or so with creating my own version of the magnetic arms for the Rostock Max printer. I started with a few goals. Print as many of the parts as possible. Incorporate part and

Posted in Rostock Max Mods