Updated Magnetic Effector

Here is an update to the magnetic effector. I’ve tilted the fans and created some tunnels that direct the output of the three fans right at center of spot being printed. It still has room on the bottom for 3 strips of 6 LEDs.

I struggled to print it with 100% infill but was never successful without a lot of warping and curling. So I backed off on the infill. The settings for this print were 4 shells, 20% infill,  0.25mm layers, and 0.6mm skin.  The only problem I had was a slight curl on two of the  triangle tips.

I started off with white ABS and then switched to black at about 2mm.

IMG_2346

Then near the end I decided to switch again for printing the fan tubes. I currently only have three colors in ABS so I switched to green.

IMG_2353

IMG_2354 IMG_2355 IMG_2356

Unfortunately after all this, I discovered the screw mounts for the fans don’t work too well. I’ll need to do a little more work on the design and print it out again.

Advertisements
Tagged with:
Posted in Rostock Max Mods

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: